Senior Data Engineer, Platform
Built for consumers and companies, alike. In a world driven by data, we believe consumers and businesses can coexist. Our founders had a vision to empower consumers to leverage their greatest asset—their data—in exchange for modern financial services. Built with this vision in mind, our platform allows consumers to access savings tools, earned wages and rewards without cost or hidden fees. In exchange, they give permission to use their real-time data for research, insights and targeted advertising.
At Attain, your contribution will help us build a more equitable and efficient data sharing ecosystem—whether helping consumers access modern financial services or businesses leverage data to achieve better outcomes. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with hands-on leaders and mission-driven individuals everyday.
This role is on the following hybrid schedule (Mondays in office, and choice of two days between Tues-Th) in our RWC office. Fridays are remote!
You’ll be a great fit for the role if
- You love data and automating processes
- You enjoy solving problems that aren’t already solved in Stack Overflow
- You have a willingness to learn and teach in a collaborative environment
- You’ve been complimented on how well you participate in an open feedback environment
What your day to day will look like
- Use new and modern technology to build new features and services across our microservice architecture
- Work with our internal cloud databases and data warehouses
- Collaborate with our product team to create a robust data catalog and dictionary
- Build alerts and dashboards to monitor the health and integrity of our data
- Write thoughtful & quality code that is readable, testable and easily maintainable
- Strive for excellent development practices and careful code architecture that is built around rapid releases
- Work cross-functionally with all mobile and backend engineers and product teams to consistently release high-quality, customer-focused features
- Adhere to, and improve upon, our agile process through requirement documents, sprint retrospectives and other regular cadence meetings
- 6+ years of experience building backend services or data automation
- Experience in the financial tech industry is a plus
- Experience with Python
- Experience with tools like Airflow or GCP Workflows
- Experience with working with relational databases
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience using gRPC, protobuf, or GraphQL
We’re excited to hear from you.
At Attain, we are passionate about finding people to continuously help us grow our organization. We encourage you to apply, even if your experience doesn’t match every detail of the job description. If we don’t see something that immediately fits, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities.