Senior Mobile Engineer, Android
Built for consumers and companies, alike. In a world driven by data, we believe consumers and businesses can coexist. Our founders had a vision to empower consumers to leverage their greatest asset—their data—in exchange for modern financial services. Built with this vision in mind, our platform allows consumers to access savings tools, earned wages and rewards without cost or hidden fees. In exchange, they give permission to use their real-time data for research, insights and targeted advertising.
At Attain, your contribution will help us build a more equitable and efficient data sharing ecosystem—whether helping consumers access modern financial services or businesses leverage data to achieve better outcomes. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with hands-on leaders and mission-driven individuals everyday.
About the role
As an Android Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and adding new functionality to our consumer applications, Klover and Frisbee Rewards. You’ll collaborate closely with your fellow Android Engineers to share best practices, maintain the consistency of our codebase and help foster a positive learning environment. You’ll also work with product managers to assess the feasibility of new features and interface with designers to help create a delightful experience for our millions of customers.
Our engineering team strives to keep up with the latest technologies. Some of the technologies and tools that we use on a daily basis include Kotlin, Coroutines, GraphQL, etc.
This role is on the following hybrid schedule (Mondays in office, and choice of two days between Tues-Th) in our RWC office and (Tues-Th) in our Chicago office.
You’ll be a great fit for the role if
- You strive for excellent development practices and careful code architecture that is built around rapid releases
- You have a keen sense of usability and product
- You have a willingness to learn and teach in a collaborative environment
- You’ve been complimented on how well you give feedback, and implement it after receiving feedback yourself
What your day to day will look like
- Use modern & proven technologies to build new and maintain existing features across our Android applications
- Implement ‘pixel-perfect’ designs with a great attention to detail
- Write thoughtful, quality code that is readable, testable & easily maintained
- Consume & implement both internal and 3rd party APIs
- Work cross-functionally with all mobile and backend engineers, designers & product managers to consistently release high-quality, customer-focused features
- Contribute your vision & insights to crucial product and user experience decisions
- Adhere to and improve our agile process through requirement documents, sprint retrospectives & other regular team meetings
- 4+ years of experience contributing to and shipping Android apps to the Play Store – including Android app code organization & appropriate separation of concerns
- Demonstrated experience writing automated tests for the code they develop
- Experience with Kotlin, Coroutines, MVVM
- Experience working with gRPC, REST & GraphQL
- Experience integrating with Firebase authentication, as well as Crashlytics, and other Firebase performance monitoring tools
- Prior work integrating with lifecycle marketing and customer engagement tools such as AppsFlyer, Braze, and mParticle
- Experience in the financial tech industry is a plus
- Experience with KMM is a plus
We’re excited to hear from you.
We are passionate about finding people to continuously help us grow our organization. We encourage you to apply, even if your experience doesn’t match every detail of the job description. If we don’t see something that immediately fits, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities.