Built for consumers and companies, alike. In a world driven by data, we believe consumers and businesses can coexist. Our founders had a vision to empower consumers to leverage their greatest asset—their data—in exchange for modern financial services. Built with this vision in mind, our platform allows consumers to access savings tools, earned wages and rewards without cost or hidden fees. In exchange, they give permission to use their real-time data for research, insights and targeted advertising.
At Attain, your contribution will help us build a more equitable and efficient data sharing ecosystem—whether helping consumers access modern financial services or businesses leverage data to achieve better outcomes. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with hands-on leaders and mission-driven individuals everyday.
This role will be on a hybrid schedule (3-days per week in office; 2-days per week remote) based in Redwood City, CA.
About the role
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our growing engineering team to play a key role in driving forward our data science and machine learning initiatives across the organization, within our flagship consumer application, Klover. This role will support continuous improvements to areas such as our cash advance underwriting model, our collections methodology, as well as help develop models to improve user retention and reduce churn. Our Data Science team has a direct impact on the data-driven initiatives across Attain. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop advanced analytics and machine learning techniques.
- 4+ years of experience working in the financial technology space in either data science or analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, information management or other related field
- Proficiency in languages such as SQL, Python and/or R; data visualization tools such as Looker; and machine learning frameworks such as Vertex AI
- Knowledge and experience working with Google Cloud Platform suite (e.g. BigQuery, Vertex AI)
- Proven expertise in leveraging data analytics tools, techniques, and technologies to extract insights and drive data-informed decision-making
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to approach complex business challenges from a data-driven perspective
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What a typical week might look like
- Work in close partnership with engineering, product & finance to make data-driven decisions and provide actionable recommendations on how our collections process should evolve
- Organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of data and information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Work in SQL to write efficient and well-structured queries on large data-sets
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate data science solutions into existing systems and infrastructure.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, trends, and best practices in data analytics to identify innovative opportunities
At the end of your first year, you’ll have helped us
- Identify optimization opportunities across our underwriting and collections processes
- Transform complex datasets into impactful stories with clear and actionable insights
We’re excited to hear from you.
At Attain, we are passionate about finding people to continuously help us grow our organization. We encourage you to apply, even if your experience doesn’t match every detail of the job description. If we don’t see something that immediately fits, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities.