Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Built for consumers and companies, alike.
In a world driven by data, we believe consumers and businesses can coexist. Our founders had a vision to empower consumers to leverage their greatest asset—their data—in exchange for modern financial services. Built with this vision in mind, our platform allows consumers to access savings tools, earned wages and rewards without cost or hidden fees. In exchange, they give permission to use their real-time data for research, insights and targeted advertising.
At Attain, your contribution will help us build a more equitable and efficient data sharing ecosystem—whether helping consumers access modern financial services or businesses leverage data to achieve better outcomes. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with hands-on leaders and mission-driven individuals everyday.
About the Role
As a Senior Engineer on our SRE team, you will play a critical role in building out and maintaining the infrastructure that powers all of our systems, as well as all of the supporting systems to ensure that those systems are running smoothly.
You will work closely with nearly every engineering team in helping to ensure that our systems are operating at peak efficiency, and preparing us to handle the scale of our future growth.
This role is on the following hybrid schedule (Mondays in office, and choice of two days between Tues-Th) in our RWC office. Fridays are remote!
You’ll be a great fit for the role if
- You are comfortable wearing many hats
- You have a willingness to learn and teach in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- You have a strong desire to automate things
- You readily provide constructive feedback, and also proactively seek feedback to improve yourself
- You like to get your hands dirty and tinker with/stress test new technologies
Our new teammate will need (preferred qualifications)
- 4+ years of experience building and maintaining large-scale cloud-native infrastructure (AWS and/or GCP).
- Experience working with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, ECS, AWS App Mesh, and Google Cloud Run
- Experience with database and event streaming technologies such as MySQL, Redis, Google BigQuery, Google Spanner, and Kafka
- Experience with serverless computing technologies such as AWS Lambda and Google Cloud Functions/Google Cloud Run
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform
- Experience with observability tools such as Datadog, Prometheus, and Grafana
- Strong computer science and software engineering fundamentals
What a typical week might look like
- Pair with engineering leads to instrument and monitor critical functionality
- Add automation to both existing and new systems to reduce our reliance on manual processes
- Participate in architecture design and capacity planning discussions to ensure that our systems are scalable, maintainable, reliable, and secure
- Build, maintain, and improve our CI/CD pipelines
- Write Terraform modules for deploying infrastructure resources via our GitLab pipelines
- Develop Helm charts for deploying services and jobs in our Kubernetes cluster
- Define metrics, network policies, and routing rules for our Istio service mesh
- Monitor and maintain our GCP BigQuery and Spanner databases
- Pipe metrics to our Google-managed Prometheus instance and build out Grafana dashboards and alerts to increase visibility on our systems
- Experiment with GCP offerings, 3rd party vendors, and open-source tools to further automate and secure day-to-day operations
We are excited to hear from you.
At Attain, we are passionate about finding people who help us celebrate progress at our growth-oriented organization. We encourage you to apply, even if your experience doesn’t match every detail on the job description. If we don’t see something that immediately fits, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities.