Marketing Lead (Growth/Demand Focus)
Role: Marketing Lead (Growth/Demand-focus)
Location: Philadelphia, PA; San Francisco, CA; or Remote
Compensation: $120-150k (0.1 -0.5% equity)
jawnt makes transit the best way to move around our city. We give riders access to every bus, subway, bike, and scooter – all through the jawnt platform and paid for by their employers.
We are reinventing the world of commuter benefits for riders, employees, and transit agencies. Through direct partnerships with providers and thoughtfully-designed technology, our work increases economic access and reduces carbon from private vehicles in our cities.
We manage benefits for tens of thousands of employees via our unified transit benefits platform, with unique products for employees, employer admins, and transit agencies. We partner directly with transit agencies in Philadelphia and are scaling to new cities.
Through Jawnt’s B2B product, we are increasing access to sustainable transportation. Up until now, Jawnt has relied heavily on word-of-mouth and providing a high-quality service to acquire customers. We have made investments in content marketing and PR and have strong working theories about ideal customer profile. We are now ready for you to help us spread the word nationwide about Jawnt and sustainable transportation.
Above all, we need your help to build a healthy pipeline of qualified demand. We are targeting large enterprise organizations that benefit from improved access to transportation (eg. campus-based, parking crunch, return-to-office, shift-based employers). We want you to help us identify target companies, plan and execute on campaigns. From here, you’ll work hand-in-hand with Sales to help move leads through the funnel. Finally, you will collaborate closely with Product to broadcast the product value, help launch new products, and inform the roadmap.
While this role will start as an individual contributor, it is ideal for someone that wants to eventually build out and run a marketing team. You will manage a marketing budget and report directly to the CEO. You will be evaluated primarily on pipeline generated and impacted, and successful results will directly translate into more resources dedicated to marketing.
- Generate high-quality top-of-funnel demand through targeted marketing campaigns and strategies
- Support the pipeline and current customers through sales enablement material and product marketing
- Spearhead overall marketing strategy (ideal customer profiles, target personas, etc.)
- Passion for sustainable transportation 🚂
- Proven experience in Account-Based Marketing and/or Product Marketing for a SaaS/B2B business
- Proficiency in a few different areas of marketing (eg. content, SEO, out-of-home, online advertising, social); you don’t need to do it all, but we want a generalist that can think holistically about our marketing strategy
- Comfort with marketing automation and lead tracking with CRMs (we use Hubspot!)
- Experience collaborating with Product and Sales teams
- Helped an organization through a period of growth (eg. 20 people → 100 people; $Xmm ARR → $XXmm ARR, etc.)
We know that it takes a lot of hard work to work toward our mission of increasing access to the city. As a remote-first startup, we have designed a set of benefits that adapt to how you live and work.
💰 Equity and salary
We provide equity grants because we want every employee to think like an owner. Compensation is standard for our current company stage and commensurate with role and experience.
🚋 Flexible transit and mobility
We offer access to whatever transit you need to move around your city through our very own unified transit platform. Employees have used this benefit for transit passes, bikeshare memberships, scooter subscriptions, and more. We do not provide any coverage related to private cars or parking.
👨⚕️ Comprehensive health insurance
We offer subsidized health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
We plan to offer a company-sponsored 401K plan by end of 2023.
🏖️ Required time off
We have an unlimited and tracked time off policy and require at least 15 days off per year. In addition, we take time off for 10 company holidays per year.
🖥️ Remote workspace
We equip you with a computer appropriate for your role and any other accessories you need to do your best work. We can reimburse for recurring work-related expenses like a home Internet bill or co-working membership.
📈 Professional development
We provide financial support for your professional development, including conferences, courses, personal coaching, or anything that helps you achieve your professional goals.
☕️ Coffee or tea subscription
We make sure a tasty beverage of your choice gets delivered each month.
See more: Jawnt coffee and tea club!
- Resume review
- Interview with Jeff Stade (Co-founder); interview topics: demand generation, working with product
- Interview with Will Sanderson (Co-founder); interview topics: sales enablement, tooling
- Interview with other members from team