School & Parish Sales Lead
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
Tldr: We are scaling up our school & parish sales team and looking for an amazing sales lead to join our team!
What You'll Do
- Sell our Hallow for Schools & Parishes Programs: In addition to the regular Hallow app, we provide programs for Catholic schools and parishes to help strengthen our local communities' mental and spiritual health. Your primary responsibility will be building personal relationships and selling these programs through a combination of emails, phone calls, and live demos.
- Help Improve Our Sales Process: We are in the early innings of building our school and parish sales process. You will play a critical role in listening to our customers and learning how we can improve both our sales approach and product offering.
- Be a HUGE part of Hallow’s Growth: Your work will directly impact Hallow’s ability to grow to millions of people praying around the world.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Every day we get amazing stories and get the pleasure of working on something that impacts lives. One of my favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliché, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll be developing relationships with leaders in Catholic schools and parishes across the country. There is nothing more exciting than supporting those directly responsible for the next generation of Catholics developing a personal relationship with God.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago and would love to have as many team members there as possible, but you will be responsible for building relationships across the country so we are flexible on location.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, commissions, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun
- Relationship Oriented: The core nature of sales is the ability to understand someone's challenges and to help them believe that you can help solve them. Being able to listen well and to naturally build relationships of trust will be critical.
- High Energy: A sales process is an equation that translates effort into results. There are over 20,000 Catholic schools and parishes in the United States. We want to get to know all of them and we will need to work hard to meet them all and serve them on an ongoing basis.
- Resilience: Not every conversation leads to a sale and very few are automatic "yeses" on day 1. Being able to keep the same energy and enthusiasm in the face of frequent rejection is an absolute must.
- Detail-oriented: We really care about what we’re doing & try to build as fast as we can. In order to provide a world-class experience to our partners while moving quickly across multiple relationships, we need to document all of our internal and external activities. Clear and consistent written communication is paramount.
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder
See more open positions at Hallow
Something looks off?