Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
TLDR: As our company continues to scale we are looking to bring on a multi-disciplinary brand designer that can help drive the brand.
What You'll Be Doing
- Art Direction: Create and effectively communicate the art direction for ad and brand campaigns to the rest of the team.
- Innovate: Help create scalable brand guidelines for a growing startup while keeping designs fresh and relevant.
- Ad and Brand Campaigns: Help ideate and implement campaigns based around content and themes across multiple media channels.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Foster strong working relationships with marketing, b2b, and product teams to ensure cohesive brand story across all channels.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Every day we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives. One of our favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll report to Shang, our Head of Product Design, and will be responsible for designing many of the major features in our app and across our website.
- Growth: You’ll get to journey with a startup from the beginning. When the company is this small, every employee is a core team member who is expected to help build the company as a whole as we settle into a culture and continue to expand the team.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago with the full team and would love to have everyone there. That being said, we’re super flexible with location / hours; don’t care when or where you work, just that it gets done.
- Comp: We pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First and foremost, we’re looking for someone excited and passionate about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun to actually care about what you’re working on!
- Experience: We are looking for a brand designer with at least 4 years of graphic design experience and a minimum of 2 years in art direction. The ideal candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Figma. A robust design portfolio showcasing brand design across multiple channels is a must. Experience in motion design is a plus.
- Grit & Detail-Oriented: A start-up is tough and we really care about what we’re doing. You'll be jumping into a brand new role in a fast-moving team - perseverance and attention to detail are important.
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder
See more open positions at Hallow
Something looks off?