Senior Product Manager (Community Pod)
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
Tldr: We are scaling up our product team quickly and looking for a Senior Product Manager to run product sprints in a scrum environment and develop and track towards a feature roadmap. This role specifically is for our Community Pod, which will be focused on developing features to help parishes and small groups connect with one another through Hallow.
What You'll Do
- Manage technical projects: Work closely with our CTO, VP of Design, and VP of Engineering to understand new features in the app and develop detailed implementation tasks in Jira. Planning two-weeks sprints in a scrum environment, running daily check-ins, and managing the backlog of features.
- Defining & tracking success metrics: Work with our product team to determine the types of tests we should implement for new releases, what metrics to track to gauge success, and identify the impact new features have.
- Community roadmap planning: Work with the product team to prioritize a large backlog of features to develop a quarterly roadmap for our Community functionality. The goal of the Community pod is to develop features that enable users to connect with one another through online communities. To start, these communities will primarily be focused on a user's parish.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives. One of our favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll report to Erich, our CTO, and will be in charge of managing all the lifecycle of our feature releases starting with design and ending in determining impact.
- Growth: You’ll get to journey with a VC-backed Silicon Valley startup from the beginning. When the company is this small, every employee is a core team member who is expected to help build the company as a whole as we settle into a culture and continue to expand the team.
- Flexibility: HQ is in Chicago with the full team and would love to have everyone there. That being said, we’re super flexible with location / hours; don’t care when or where you work just that it gets done.
- Comp: We pay competitive market rates in equity, cash, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First and foremost, we’re looking for someone excited and passionate about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun to actually care about what you’re working on!
- Experience: 4+ years of experience in product is a must and experience in a Scrum environment and Jira is a plus; attention to detail and ability to work cross-functionally with design, engineering, and management will be incredibly important.
- Grit: A start-up is tough and we really care about what we’re doing. You'll be jumping into a brand new role in a fast moving team, perseverance and adaptability are important.
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder
See more open positions at Hallow
Something looks off?