Content Marketing Contractor (Part-Time)
Marketing & Communications
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2023
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
Tldr: We're looking for a content marketing contractor to help us build the best blogs, and social media, and continue to reach individuals organically around the world.
What You'll Do
- Content Marketing: You'll be a critical part of our marketing team and work with some of the best organic marketers in the world to update, expand on, and write search-engine-optimized blogs on a weekly basis. Your main goal will be to continue to add quality content to our site that drives traffic.
- Social Media Marketing: You'll help where needed on our social media accounts, where you will write captions, strategize campaigns, communicate with our user base, and drive growth through engaging social content.
- Trends: Stay up to date with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in our space.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Every day we get amazing stories and get the pleasure of working on something that impacts lives. One of my favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll be a massive part of our growth. There’s nothing more exciting as a marketer than being able to see your work touch thousands of lives around the world and truly build a world-class experience with every communication, partnership, content, and more.
- Growth: From day 1, you’ll be a part of the startup journey. We went from less than 10 to over 50 in the past year, and we’ll need your help to create a world-class team and get individuals praying in more countries around the world.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago with the full team and would love to have everyone there. That being said, we’re super flexible with location/hours; we don’t care when you work, just that it gets done.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates for this hourly position.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun :)
- Experience: 2+ years of experience writing search-engine-optimized blogs, running social media campaigns, and/or marketing copywriting. Huge plus if you have experience in marketing/data analytics or lifecycle marketing.
- Communication: You’re an expert communicator and conversationalist. Being able to communicate, negotiate, and build relationships is a must.
- Technical Abilities: Experience with Google Apps (e.g. Google Docs and Google Sheets), computer savvy, and a general willingness to learn new tools!
- Grit & detail-oriented: We really care about what we’re doing & try to build as fast as we can. Since we’re guided meditation and competing with some large players in the market (Calm, Headspace), we have to stand out. Everything we do, say, send, or spend money on should be top-notch quality and set Hallow apart as the best.
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder
See more open positions at Hallow
Something looks off?