VP of Operations
⭐ At Frontdesk, we curate more than just travel destinations; we craft experiences that empower people to live their best lives. With the modern traveler at heart, we’re on a mission to unveil a dynamic lifestyle, anytime, anywhere.
🏘️ Operating in over 25 U.S. markets with more than 1,000 units across 150+ buildings, we provide a home away from home to travelers, a sustainable renting model to building owners and managers, and a positive and committed relationship with the communities we serve.
🚀 Founded in 2017, Frontdesk is a hospitality company providing comfortable stays for the modern traveler and can be found not only on our own website, but also on travel sites like Expedia, Airbnb, Booking.com, Marriott, VRBO, and more. With an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, Frontdesk maximizes guest flexibility with zero compromises on reliability.
📍 Milwaukee, Wisconsin is our home base with our HQ located right on the river in the heart of downtown. No matter where our employees are based, our culture is defined by service, optimism, humility, and vision. Together, we have built a company where passion is key and our core values are at the heart of everything we do.
🥇 In it to win it
👨👩👧👧 Customer first
💛 Do the right thing
What is the role?
Frontdesk Inc, has an immediate opening for a persistent and effective VP of Operations that is passionate about leading diverse teams in a 250+ person department, fostering a culture of excellence, and exceeding guest expectations. We’re looking for a seasoned-operational leader to head our Field Operations and Regionalized Customer Service teams. Someone who can balance high level strategic thinking while ensuring the small details that make or break a customer experience are consistently followed.
The VP of Operations at Frontdesk will report directly to the COO and will oversee the Regional Operations management, Director of Customer Service, Task force, and Trust and Safety managers. The VP of Operations will work closely with the heads of Finance, Tech/Engineering, Revenue, People, and Real Estate.
We look for leaders who take ownership of their team's success. The Operations team is measured by guest satisfaction score and operational efficiency. The VP of Operations will set the team up for success by having >90% of 5 star reviews while finding ways to continue to improve our already best-in-class operational efficiency. Ultimately, we expect YoY improvement and continued progress toward market outperformance.
What will you do at Frontdesk?:
- Set and drive operational strategy at the company.
- Guide the operations team (Regional Directors of Operations, Director of Guest Experience, and local Operations Managers) to achieve company-wide goals and initiatives, including cleanliness standards, in-room product standards, financial targets, staff development, and the implementation of various initiatives.
- Collaborate with and support cross-departmental leaders in achieving company-wide goals.
- Report both lead and lag KPIs and other indicators of team success.
- Create new inter-departmental SOPs and low-code automations to streamline workflows and increase consistency.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a high-performance management team while fostering an accountable environment.
- Manage operational budgets and ensure cost-effectiveness in all operational areas.
- Manage customer feedback loops, ensuring continual improvements to service quality.
- Leverage technology to enhance operational efficiency and guest experience.
- Work closely with our tech team to optimize our proprietary property management system and platforms.
- Create a culture of accountability, high-performance, continuous improvement, and innovation with a Customer First mindset
- Produce accurate and timely reports on operations, utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
What are we looking for?:
- 10+ years of experience in operational leadership.
- 10+ years of experience in hospitality operations and/or multifamily property management.
- Strong track record of coaching leaders, transforming teams, and developing people.
- Demonstrated success driving customer satisfaction results.
- Proficiency with Excel is a requirement and proficiency with SQL is a plus.
- Must be autonomous, self-starter with creative-problem solving abilities and an attitude that prioritizes team over individual success, including demonstrated resourcefulness and wearing many different hats.
- Be willing to travel ~20% of the time or however much is needed to accomplish the KPIs established
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit that is motivated by scale and exponentially growing a business.
- You’re a lover of people, processes, and organization but also have a practical side which is both nimble and agile.
- You have extraordinary prioritization skills - can adjust and execute when you notice things aren’t on track.
- You’re a creative problem solver who sees every challenge as an opportunity to accelerate progress.
- Passionate about travel, hospitality, and short-term rental industry.
- Applicants for this position must be located within the United States. We are unable to consider candidates who do not meet this geographic requirement.
What do we offer?:
- Competitive Salary
- Fully Remote
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance with Flexible Spending Account option
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Community involvement
- + much more!
📝If your experience doesn’t fully-align with the qualifications and what we’re looking for, we still encourage you to apply. You may just be the perfect fit for this role or other positions.
Frontdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone belongs and all background are encouraged to apply. We are committed to maintaining a work environment that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment. Frontdesk will not discriminate against any protected status under federal, state, or local law.