Chief of Staff
⭐ At Frontdesk, we curate more than just travel destinations; we craft experiences that empower people to live their best lives. With the modern traveler at heart, we’re on a mission to unveil a dynamic lifestyle, anytime, anywhere.
🏘️ Operating in over 25 U.S. markets with more than 1,000 units across 150+ buildings, we provide a home away from home to travelers, a sustainable renting model to building owners and managers, and a positive and committed relationship with the communities we serve.
🚀 Founded in 2017, Frontdesk is a hospitality company providing comfortable stays for the modern traveler and can be found not only on our own website, but also on travel sites like Expedia, Airbnb, Booking.com, Marriott, VRBO, and more. With an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, Frontdesk maximizes guest flexibility with zero compromises on reliability.
📍 Milwaukee, Wisconsin is our home base with our HQ located right on the river in the heart of downtown. No matter where our employees are based, our culture is defined by service, optimism, humility, and vision. Together, we have built a company where passion is key and our core values are at the heart of everything we do.
🥇 In it to win it
👨👩👧👧 Customer first
💛 Do the right thing
What is the role?
Frontdesk, Inc. is looking for a Chief of Staff to collaborate closely with senior management in steering our rapid growth through strategic planning, analytical prowess, and the ownership of critical strategic initiatives. This role offers the chance to make an immediate impact across the company, making it ideal for individuals with a strong analytical acumen, robust organizational skills, tested leadership skills, exceptional attention to detail, problem-solving prowess, and passion for working with people. For those aspiring to advance to senior executive, founder, or venture capitalist roles later in their careers, this opportunity is a perfect fit, with the potential for a promotion to a functional leadership role within the first year. If you're diligent, empathetic, and solution-oriented, this position is tailored for you and serves as an excellent transition opportunity for professionals with backgrounds in consulting, banking, or related fields. The Chief of Staff will collaborate closely with the CEO and CSO, while gaining substantial exposure to the COO, Board of Directors, and leaders of all functions, providing valuable learning experiences from accomplished leaders with a track record of building successful enterprises.
What will you do at Frontdesk?:
Special Projects (50%)
- Lead planning and execution of strategic initiatives required to maintain our rapid growth (e.g., process design)
- Define, evaluate, and recommend strategic options (e.g., new products/features, operational improvements, etc.)
- Goal-setting and developing dashboards and processes to track progress
- Forecasting and cash flow planning
- Provide support for interactions with investors (e.g., board meetings, fundraising)
- Identify business processes and systems to be redesigned for scalability
Team Success (30%)
- Lead implementation of complex or progress change mgmt solutions across the enterprise
- Liaise with various function leaders, managers, and team members to ensure success of new initiatives
- Design and improve team resources and training materials to memorialize change the business activities
- Support a positive work culture and adherence with company values
ELT Support (20%)
- Help triage demands on ELT time
- Various ad hoc projects for the CEO and functional heads
What are we looking for?:
- Highly effective communication, attention to detail, and organization skills
- Robust problem solving and analytical tool kit
- At least 1-3 years experience in consulting or banking
- At least 1-3 years experience managing others preferred
- At least 1-3 years experience in the accommodations industry preferred -- including direct experience working with hotel guests, Airbnb travelers, etc
- Bachelor’s degree with strong GPA from top school required
- Proficient in excel and Microsoft Office / Google Suite products
- Proficient in SQL preferred
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Facebook Business preferred
- Ability to multitask, set and manage dept KPIs, and meet deadlines
- Ability to see the big picture and execute day-to-day tasks while keeping a pulse on what is happening in the industry and beyond
What do we offer?:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible spending
- Employee assistance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Community involvement
- + much more!
📝If your experience doesn’t fully-align with the qualifications and what we’re looking for, we still encourage you to apply. You may just be the perfect fit for this role or other positions.
Frontdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone belongs and all background are encouraged to apply. We are committed to maintaining a work environment that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment. Frontdesk will not discriminate against any protected status under federal, state, or local law.