Senior NLP Applied Scientist
Jersey City, NJ, USA
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2023
Are you looking for a new career opportunity that will allow you to develop and use cutting-edge AI technologies to solve challenging NLP problems while making a positive impact on the world? If so, we would love to hear from you! Dyania Health is looking for senior NLP Applied Scientists to help us transform the way in which machines process biomedical information and revolutionize the way in which clinical trials are conducted. You will be working alongside team members with deep technical expertise in NLP, top medical professionals (MDs, pharmacology PhDs, and others), and an experienced product team. The ideal candidate will have strong foundations in computer science and ML/NLP, superb communication skills, significant industry experience and a proven track record of delivery under tight deadlines. Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering)
- 4+ years of industry experience in designing, building, and deploying NLP models (note: internships and school work do not count)
- Experience in applying transformer-based deep-learning techniques to challenging NLP problems
- Fluency in Python and experience with Python-based ML frameworks such as PyTorch and HuggingFace
- Outstanding communication skills
- Publications in top-tier NLP conferences
- Experience with distributed ML frameworks such as DeepSpeed and FSDP
- Background in computational linguistics
- Design, build, evaluate, and deploy algorithms and models for accurately extracting medical information from structured and unstructured data sources
- Work closely with product, UX, and clinical teams to prototype and test new functionality
- Analyze performance results and convey your analyses to relevant stakeholders
- Conduct research, publish and present your findings at relevant scientific venues
- We lead with empathy for patients and our teammates.
- We value small egos, self-awareness, and humility in our teammates.
- We appreciate flexible and adaptive attitudes towards solving problems, as strategic priorities may shift.
- We love diversity of thought, perspective, working style, skill set, knowledge, and interests amongst our team.
- We value open dialogue and brainstorming across multidisciplinary teams.