Senior Product Designer
Who Are We?
- Our Mission: Increase government transparency to connect and empower. We're building the first "gateway" that helps businesses and individuals make sense of messy government data.
- Why: Corporations, lobbyists, non-profits, and individuals alike are still using spreadsheets and archaic government websites to understand how bills impact their industry. They deserve a 21st century tool that streamlines how we make sense of pending legislation, and enables a more transparent and accessible lobbying process.
- Where: We’re based in sunny Venice, CA (Los Angeles)!
Who Are You?
We are seeking a passionate and talented Product Designer with a positive attitude, and drive to re-imagine the intersection between tech and government. As an early member of the product team, you are not solely focused on product design. Your role will constantly evolve, and you will have the opportunity to play a large role in product strategy, product development, marketing, graphics, research, and much more; utilizing design as an asset to assist in building the future of our company.
- Join a small tight-knit team, passionate about making government more transparent and accessible via thoughtful design that is relied on by countless organizations for their daily work.
- Report directly to the CPO (Chief Product Officer), collaborating closely on product design and strategy.
- Design beautiful, simple, innovative, and intuitive experiences and flows.
- Identify the needs of our users, and innovate on existing features.
- Build, maintain, and contribute to Abstract's design language.
- Work closely with engineering for design hand-offs, bug fixes, and usability improvements.
- Willing to grow and evolve in your role, contributing to multiple departments as needs arise.
- 5+ years of designing and shipping desktop and/or mobile applications.
- Strong experience with Figma, or alternative collaborative interface design tools that can easily translate to Figma.
- Strong visual and interaction design skills.
- Prototype and develop interactive desktop and mobile experiences.
- Ability to collaborate on product strategy at a high level.
- Ability to conduct user research and testing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast pasted, sometimes ambiguous work environment.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience.
- A passion for politics and/or government.
- Experience with innovating brand-new experiences and flows.
- Experience with Photoshop or similar raster graphics editors.
- Ability to craft impactful graphic design.
- Ability to write great product copy.
- 10+ years experience with [tool released 2 years ago].
- To-Do: add another requirement to make our posting look intimidating.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.